March 27, 2020
The Covid-19 Rapid Response Team has a critical message for all members of Beargrass. Please click here to read their statement.
March 23, 2020
The office and ministerial staff of Beargrass will have irregular office hours as we try to minimize our time in the building and stay #healthyathome. If you need assistance, please email the appropriate staff member. All staff contact information can be found here.
We want to help you explore new ways to gather with friends and family. Check out this resource and have some fun setting up a zoom dinner party, a Netflix watch party, or whatever strikes your fancy!
March 22, 2020
In accordance with recommendations by local and state officials, Beargrass Christian Church will remain closed to the public until April 20, 2020. Outside doors will remain locked. Office staff and ministers are trying to minimize their time in the building. Please call the church office at 502-896-1161 to make an appointment or to share any needs or prayer requests. Several small groups are having virtual meetings via Zoom. We encourage everyone to stay connected to each other and to the church family in whatever ways are possible. We’re in this together and by the grace of God, we will get through this together!
March 19, 2020
As we come together in this time, we thought we would offer the following possibilities for folks to be connected and/or to receive the help that is needed. Please let us know if you would be willing to participate in any of the following:
- Be a pen pal to someone who is a lot younger or a lot older than you!! (This could be snail mail, email, or for the tech-savvy FaceTime/Zoom!) We would love to connect younger families with older families!
- -Receive tech support or be tech support for someone who has the technology to be connected to FB live, zoom, etc, but does not know how to access or work it. (This would be a phone conversation helping walk another through the process).
- -Join the team of people willing to run errands for those who cannot get out (groceries, prescriptions, etc.)
- -Sign-up to make calls to check on various people during this time as needed.
If you are willing to be matched with a pen pal, need tech support or know how to help someone with technology, need an errand run or can run an errand, or just love talking on the phone, let us know!!
Please contact Dr. Susan Lowe at [email protected] to sign-up for any of these!
8:30 pm – March 16, 2020
The Ministry Leadership Team of Beargrass Christian Church met tonight to discuss how best to move forward in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and need for continued social distancing. MLT has decided the following:
- Church will remain closed through Friday, April 3, 2020
- All outside doors will remain locked at all times
- Ministers and office staff will remain available during normal business hours
- Call the church office at 896-1161or email to set up an appointment if needed
- Online Worship schedule and updates will be sent out with the e-news Wednesday, March 18, 2020
March 16, 2020
The Ministry Leadership Team will gather tonight to discuss and discern how best to care for the congregation and community in the coming days and weeks. We will send out an e-mail with plans for worship, gatherings, and events on Tuesday, March 17. We are making these decisions not out of fear, but out of love for the most vulnerable in our community. We urge you to take care of yourselves, check on your neighbors, wash your hands, and continue to practice social distancing.
March 15, 2020
You can watch today’s worship service by clicking here.
March 13, 2020 – 5:40 pm
|Dear Beargrass Family,|
What a strange week it has been! When we were together in worship on Sunday, we never imagined COVID-19 would propel us to make the difficult decision to cancel activities and worship for this weekend. We’re sure many of you are wondering the same things we have been wondering: How bad will this get? How long will it last? Are we overreacting? How will we maintain our community in the midst of social distancing and protecting the most vulnerable in our community?
We don’t have all the answers, but we do know that God is with us, guiding us through the unknown, inviting us to explore new, creative, and unexpected ways of worshiping with hope and spreading the love of Christ to the world. With this in mind, we are inviting you to worship with us this Sunday Live & Online!
Worship on SundayWe will gather for worship on Sunday virtually. You can worship with us through two different platforms:
1. Facebook Live on our Beargrass Christian Church Facebook page: We will be live at 9:00 am on Sunday, March 15. All four ministers will lead a time of worship complete with a special Children’s Moment, a sermon from Dr. Bond, and communion. Dee Decker will moderate comments, as able.
2. Our Website: We will record a video of our service and upload it to our website, along with Dr. Bond’s sermon manuscript by 11:00 am on Sunday, March 15.
As our schedules and expectations for the coming days continue to change, we continue to cherish our church family even as we cannot gather in person. On Sunday, during our Facebook Live worship service, we will have a moment where we invite you to share your tithe and gifts to the church through the giving page of our website, which we will share in the comment section of the Facebook Live. For those of you who watch from our website, we encourage you to give your gift to the church through the “give” button on our homepage. For those who already give digitally and those whose financial gifts are automated, we invite you to pause and ask God to allow your gift to help Beargrass and our Nation during this time.
The financial needs of the church continue, even as we pause our in-person gatherings. We appreciate your continued generosity.
The Ministry Leadership Team will gather Monday evening to discuss and discern how best to care for the congregation and community in the coming days and weeks. We will send out another e-mail with those plans immediately following our time together Monday evening. For informational updates and cancellations visit www.beargrass.org/coronavirus. This page will be the main distribution point of information from Beargrass.
We look forward to seeing you face-to-face soon, and in the meantime, take care of yourselves and one another.
Beargrass Christian Church Ministers
March 13, 2020 – 10:00 am
Updates & Cancellations
- The Church office will close at 2:00 pm today and remain closed through Monday, March 16, 2020
- Parents Day Out will be closed from March 16 until further notice.
- Media Mania: Setting Healthy Boundaries workshop for parents has been rescheduled to April 19 at 5:00 pm.
March 12, 2020
Beargrass Christian Church (DOC) Cancels Weekend Worship and Activities
In order to support the health of all those in our community and to honor the call from local and state officials to cancel large gatherings, the leadership and ministers of Beargrass Christian Church have made the difficult decision to cancel all worship services and events beginning Friday, March 13 at 2:00 pm through Monday, March 16, 2020. The Ministry Leadership Team will meet on Monday evening to discern our plan for the days and weeks to come.
Beargrass is committed to ensuring not only the spiritual but also the physical health of our members and the larger community. Given the unknown nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we believe prudence is the best course of action to mitigate the progression of the virus. We make this decision not out of fear but out of love for all. Though we will not gather in person, we believe God abides with us and will continue to enable us to worship with hope, grow together as a community of faith, and serve with generosity and a passion for justice.
We encourage people in lieu of gathering in person to worship to visit our website www.beargrass.org and listen to a sermon from our archives.