Perpetual Endowment Fund
This fund was established to provide an ongoing opportunity for unrestricted gifts and bequests to amass on behalf of the Church. Your unrestricted gift to the church will help grow this fund. Funds are disbursed based on the By-laws, which currently state that the annual distribution will be as follows:
- 50% will be designated for support of the operating budget, to be used according to the recommendation of the Finance and Budget Team with the confirmation of the Official Board.
- 30% will be designated for the retirement of outstanding debt on Church properties or for major capital improvements to Church property. If there is no debt, then these funds will be distributed to the Church’s Finance and Budget Team to be used for building and maintenance.
- 20% will be designated for outreach causes to be determined by the Church’s Outreach Mission Support Team. The Outreach Mission Support Team shall report how the funds were disbursed to the Official Board by December 31 of the year the funds were distributed from the Endowment Fund.
This fund was established by a gift from Anne and Ollie Raymond. The terms of their bequest defined how the funds were to be expended. A portion of the monies was utilized for a significant renovation project for the activities building in 1998. A portion of the remaining balance is to be disbursed to the Church annually, to be used for the following purposes:
- 25% will be allocated to support or supplement any ministerial program to enhance Church growth, to be determined by the Senior Minister with the assistance of the Church staff.
- 25% will be allocated for special projects relative to new or existing programs within the Church, at the discretion of the approval by the Offical Board of the Church.
- 25% will be allocated to help those in need in the Church to provide assistance to members on an interim basis. The Senior Minister will be responsible for making these grants.
- 25% will be allocated to scholarships for worthy students through the VanNostrand Scholarship or the Beargrass Scholars at the Lexington Theological Seminary.
The funds are disbursed at the direction of the Finance Committee and the Treasurer of the Church.
Lawrenson Library Fund
This fund provides ongoing operating support to the Library of the church. Funds are disbursed at the direction of the Library Committee.
Crawford Memorial Fund
This fund was established to provide continuing education for the ministers of the Church. Funds are awarded at the direction of the Senior Minister.
Music Ministry Fund
This fund was established to finance the music activities of the Church. The disbursements are made at the direction of the Music Division.
Knopf Memorial Fund
This fund was established to provide college scholarships for young people active in the music programs of the Church, in memory of Keith Knopf. The scholarships are awarded at the direction of the Scholarship Committee.
RWVN Scholarship Fund
These funds are contributed by members in memory of Rev. Will VanNostrand. From these contributions, amounts are available for scholarships granted to young people who are actively involved at Beargrass and exemplify Christian values. These scholarships are awarded at the direction of the Scholarship Committee.