Members of the church family are recognized for their spiritual gifts, maturity, and commitment and are nominated to serve the church as elected officers, Deacon, and Elders. When accepting the call to become a leader at Beargrass, they are saying “yes” to one of the most challenging and rewarding positions in the community of faith.
Executive Leadership Team
Elected Officers 2022-23:
- Chair of the Congregation: Deb Rakestraw
- Vice Chair of the Congregation: John Richardson
- Secretary: Allison Dawson
- Treasurer: Leslie Geoghegan
Division Leaders 2022-23:
- Worship: Stacy DeCoste
- Faith Development: Tony Newberry
- Membership: Grant Conliffe
- Outreach: Mike Puckett
- Congregational Care: Bob Sutton
- Administration: John Richardson
Additional MLT Members 2022-23:
- Elder Chair: Bruce Lott
- Deacon Chair: Barb Hoover
Deacons and Elders
Historically and Biblically speaking, Deacons and Elders have been growing closer to God through service for centuries (Numbers 11:16-17; Titus 1:5-9; James 5:13-16; 1 Peter 5:1-5; 1Timothy 3:1-7). At Beargrass, being named as a Deacon or Elder is not simply an honorary position, but one that carries significant responsibilities and opportunities for growth. Each Deacon and Elder serves on a Ministry Team.
- A copy of the Ministry Team Descriptions can be found here.
- A copy of the Deacon Elder Covenant can be found here.