Dear Beargrass Family,
In a special called Ministry Leadership Team meeting held in conjunction with our team of medical experts, the decision was made to move to Phase 2 of re-opening starting September 13. Phase 2 involves continuing to worship virtually while offering meeting space for Beargrass groups of 25 or less. Below you will find information on the protocols we will have in place and things to expect as we move forward. While we are excited to move to this next phase, we are aware there may be a need to move back to Phase 1. The team will continue to monitor the number of cases in Jefferson County and the surrounding area, as well as, state and local guidelines as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times. The MLT appreciates the support and prayers of the congregation as the team continues to make these decisions.
What to Expect in Phase 2
Who Can Attend In-Person?
- Phase 2 will allow Beargrass member groups and classes to meet inside the church building in groups of 25 or less.
Am I required to wear a mask?
- Yes. Wearing a mask always while you are inside the church building is required as mandated by the State of Kentucky.
What Can I Expect When I Come?
- Sign In Sheet –You will be asked to sign your name, provide your cell phone number, and answer if you have had contact with Covid-19 people in the last 14 days.
- Temperature Checks—There will be a touchless temperature check on your forehead as you come into your assigned church entrance.
- Sanitizing Stations – Washing your hands often will help keep everyone safe. Hand sanitizer stations will be provided at each entrance, meeting room, and restroom.
- Social Distancing—You are always to exercise 6 ft social distancing during your visit inside and outside the church building.
Will Restrooms Be Available?
- Yes, restrooms nearest your meeting room will be open. We will limit occupancy to one person at a time in each of the restrooms. Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be made available to ensure a clean, safe environment. Our Facilities Team will continue to work hard to ensure that you are entering a clean space.
Will Food and Drink Be Provided?
- Drinking fountains will be closed. No food or drink will be provided. You may bring bottled water if you wish to do so.
Will Child Care Be Provided?
- There will be no Child Care provided during Adult Group Meetings during Phase 2. Children and Youth Ministries will be planning independent in-person gathering events during Phase 2.
Will There Be Bibles and Printed Materials in The Meeting Room?
- Nothing will be passed between people. Prior to your meeting, your class leader will communicate what teaching materials will be needed and how you can access needed materials.
What Times Can Groups/Classes Meet?
During Phase 2, groups/classes can meet Sundays, 11 am -3 pm or Monday – Friday, 10 am – 2 pm or 4 pm – 8 pm (with a finish time no later than 8 pm).
Reservations are required 48 hrs in advance. For a reservation, contact Roxanna Trivitt at [email protected] or call the church office at (502) 896-1161, x106.