At the June 15, 2020, MLT meeting, incoming Board Chair, Alan Forsythe, shared some proposed pandemic principles and values that we adopt as we move ahead with our mission and ministry. A common set of values will help us stay focused during our pre-opening and re-opening phases.
Values during the Pandemic
- Motivated by love, our first priority is the health of the members and friends of Beargrass.
- Maintain our care and ministry to the church family—especially those who are more vulnerable.
- Continue to be a dynamic and “connecting” community of faith while adhering to “Healthy at Church/Work” guidelines.
- Keep adapting and developing innovative in-person and on-line ministries and mission opportunities.
- Communicate our plans and be consistent with the principles of our Strategic Plan and Mission Statement.
We hope to see each other “in person” in worship as soon as possible and we are excited about the creative ways small groups are gathering and staying connected. But we also have to watch the COVID numbers closely.
The MLT approved the values, recommended that we do not have “in-person” services until August (at the earliest), and passed a proposal to form a task force (with medical professionals in the church family) to provide guidance about moving to the next phase/s.