Many of you may have questions about how long Beargrass will continue to gather and worship online, as well as when we will be back to “normal” in the days ahead. While there are still many things that remain unknown, the COVID Rapid Response Team (CRRT) has started working on details of a three-stage process for moving our church forward in these uncertain times.
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Kentucky has provided guidelines for returning to worship. These guidelines are helpful in thinking through the many aspects of returning to the building and gathering for worship in person. At the same time, some aspects of the guidelines may not be appropriate for the size and context of all churches in the Commonwealth, including Beargrass.
While we are still working on the details of Phase II and Phase III of this process, we can say with clarity that in-person worship will not be in either Phase I or Phase II of the plan. In addition, when we can gather for in-person worship in Phase III, its appearance will almost certainly not be the same as it was in early March. Again, we are working diligently on thinking through the many details of Phase II/III and will share them with you in the coming weeks. Keep in mind, to move to the next phase a minimum of 14 days must pass where cases are decreasing. With all phases, if a surge of the disease occurs, Beargrass may roll back to another phase of the process at any time. Our number one priority is to keep our members, families, friends, and the larger community safe. This is not done out of fear but out of love for all.
THROUGHOUT ALL PHASES
- Practice good hygiene.
- If you do not feel well stay home.
- Maintain recommended social distancing of 6 feet.
- Wear masks as recommended by state guidance.
PHASE I of reopening Beargrass Christian Church will begin on June 1, 2020, at the earliest.
- Groups of no more than 10 people shall gather at one time.
- Building is open to only Beargrass Christian Church groups/members – no outside groups.
- Must contact Roxanna Trivitt to reserve space 24 hours prior to gathering via email ([email protected]) or phone 502-896-1161.
- Maintain a safe social distance of at least 6 feet.
- Face masks must be worn – Individuals will provide their own masks.
- Group leaders will take a roll of all attendees and provide that information to Roxanna Trivitt within 48 hours of gathering via email ([email protected]).
- All individuals will enter and exit the building from a designated door (see table below).
- All individuals will utilize only the assigned restroom for their location (see table below).
- Attendees should wipe down area with disinfectant wipes after gathering.
- Each space will have a table with hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and a copy of the PHASE I procedures.
|Fellowship hall||Browns Lane #7||Single access across from Fellowship Hall|
|Gathering space||Office entrance #1||In Gathering Space|
|Gym||Activities Building||Lobby of Activities Building|