Hello Beargrass Families,
I am so excited that Vacation Bible School is returning to Beargrass this summer. Our theme is “Discovery on Adventure Island: Quest for God’s Great Light.” We will hear some wonderful Bible stories as we learn how to share God’s light and love in our world. Each night, we will have different activities including Bible stories, music, crafts, science, games, and service projects. A special, separate program for our JYF children (those who have completed 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade) will also return this summer.
Vacation Bible School will be held June 13-17, 2021 from 6:30-8:00 pm each night. You can participate one night, a few nights, or every night. Just because you have a baseball game or swim practice one night doesn’t stop you from attending VBS!! Each night will be self-contained within our overall theme.
And I am thrilled to announce that Vacation Bible School will be FREE for all participants. This has been goal of mine for several years, and we finally made it happen in the budget this year.
VBS, however, will look a little different as we continue to live through the pandemic. Some changes:
- VBS is open for children who are 4-years-old by August 1 (KY school cut-off date) through children who have completed 5th grade. (We don’t promote children to their new grades until August.) The ARK wing will be open for children under the age of four whose parents are volunteering as teachers or leaders for VBS.
- The program for our JYF folks (completed 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade) is at the same time as the rest of VBS; those older children just have their own activities. The below to register works for ALL children.
- Based on current church policy, we cannot serve food inside, so dinner will not be offered this year. Children need to eat before they come each night.
- Participants will wear masks and maintain social distance. (I know guidelines are constantly changing, so some of this may change by the time VBS rolls around.)
- We will not have our traditional potluck, concert, and carnival the last night. (It’s not easy maintaining social distance in a bounce house.) We have some wonderful treats and special activities planned for the last night, though – just you wait and see!!
The link to register is below. Feel free to forward the link to other families!!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Rev. Steven Straub